“And [Jesus] made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:10
Old testament kings served two primary roles: to rule over God’s people and to wage war against their enemies. They oversaw all commerce, land, trade and the economy of their nation, always separating a portion of their treasury to the priests. More so, they were NOT allowed to perform “priestly” functions through the then clear and distinct separation of church and business.
Under the new covenant, modern-day kings, I suggest, have an expanded role. Not only do they reign over their sphere of marketplace influence, they also are appointed to serve in a priestly/pastoral role over their tribe.
- Are anointed and called to five of the seven mountains of influence (business, education, media, arts and entertainment, and government).
- Expect great results – expansion, multiplication, exponential growth as he/she sees kingdom business as supernatural
- Expand the kingdom outside the church into the marketplace spheres
- Are the movers and shakers in the Kingdom
- Do not leave their work to start ministries but view their jobs/businesses as a sacred part of a King’s destiny
- Do not bend to culture – they transform it
- Do not beg – they decree
- Administer in the Spirit in their marketplace as freely as a Priest in the church
- Take spiritual authority over their workplace (office, employees, company, customers, industry, etc.).
- Embrace their appointed role within the five-fold ministry at work (walk in the role of apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher or evangelist)
- Unleash the full power of the heaven into their market
Today’s Revelation: Modern-day kings serve as both as a marketplace leader as well as a workplace shepherd.
Today’s Activation: Take 5 minutes NOW to pray over how to take your legitimate authority over the spiritual atmosphere of your workplace.