“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-12
Role of Business Pastor
Pastor (poimen) – he to whose care and control others have committed themselves, and whose precepts they follow; to watch for enemies trying to attack the sheep; to share their lives with others to earn their trust.
Business pastors help mature the team. They develop strong relationships, build community, and protect their team from adversaries attacks. They possess a supernatural gift of nurturing, maturing, and building strong teamwork.
In the workplace, you often find business pastors in functions like human resources, counseling, physicians and nurses, waitresses, and front line service professionals.
Some Biblical examples of business prophets include Gaius (host to the saints), Nymphas (home church leader), and Timothy (church planter & team builder).
Key Characteristics of Business Pastor
Some key characteristics of a business pastor can include:
- Deep compassion for people.
- Desire for harmony within the team.
- Passion to fix others problems and heal their pain.
- Consistent outreach to others in need.
- Enthusiastic encourager of others.
- Willingness to walk alongside those who are in need or hurting.
- Openness to extensive one-on-one time with others.
- Protective of the team.
How Business Pastors Equip Their Saints
Business pastors are the go-to people when the team breaks down, major change creates interpersonal havoc, and people need a human touch. Some of the ways a business prophet equips his team include:
- Nurture others from where they are to where they need to go.
- Stabilize the work environment so all can grow.
- Creating “What If” scenario plans of action in case of a failure or misstep.
- Bring their team to greater maturity.
- Build character and faith in the people.
- Strengthen and encourage those around them.
The Business Pastor’s Mandate
Business pastors are the gifted ones to build up strength and stability within their team. It is therefore their mandate to create and implement the organizational culture so the people can become all God intends for them to be.
Next post: The Supernatural Leadership Role of Business Teacher.
*This post is an except from Dr. Jim’s forthcoming book, Anointed to Lead: How to Discover and Unleash Your Supernatural Leadership Gifts to be released Summer 2017.