“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.” Ephesians 4:11-12
As I discussed in my last post, Jesus gives supernatural leadership gifts to those He chooses to accomplish His work. Today let’s review the supernatural leadership role of apostle in business.
Role of Business Apostle
Apostle (apostolos) – one who is sent out, set apart, special messenger, one commissioned for a particular task or role
Business apostles are visionaries who lead their companies into the future. They establish and create new companies, pushing into new markets, territories, or product groups. Business apostles are innovators, creators, and identity-givers to their organizations, as well as a “father” to their team setting the right environment for maximum productivity and kingdom impact.
Some Biblical examples of business apostles include Paul (tent maker), Joseph & Daniel (administrators), and Nehemiah (architect/building contractor).
Key Characteristics of Business Apostles
Some key characteristics of a business apostle can include:
- Passion to launch new ventures and create new pathways in business.
- Invent the future and do not settle for redesigning the past.
- Enjoy (even thrilled) to try new things, dream, and take on challenging tasks.
- Discern what is the Holy Spirit’s leading and discard/eliminate what is not.
- Gifted to “see” into the future through both revelation from the Holy Spirit alongside an intimate insight into their business marketplace.
- Gifted to lead, organize, and administer.
- Started or involved with multiple business or marketplace ministries.
- Willingness to be recognize more for their accomplishments than their title.
- Provide solid structure and internal processes.
- Recognize the role and value of the other five-fold gifts.
How Business Apostles Equip Their “Saints”
Since business apostles are the ones who set the pace and create new things, they possess a strong desire to train up others to maximize the business impact for the kingdom. Some of the ways a business apostle equips his team include:
- Serve as both the marketplace and spiritual leader of the team.
- Provide platforms and internal processes that allow people to excel.
- Promote others on their role gifts as much as their skill set.
- Help others troubleshoot and solve business problems.
- Willingly bring along others to pass their mantle and launch their own kingdom endeavors.
- Mentor, coach, and train up the next generation(s) of Godly business leaders.
The Business Apostle’s Mandate
Business apostles carry a huge responsibility. Their mandate is to discern the will of the Lord through the leading of the Hoy Spirit, then transform His will into productivity, profit, and marketplace impact. With such a monumental mantle, is it any wonder that so few today willingly step up to be a modern day Elisha (2 Kings 2:13-15).
Yet for you, perhaps you are so gifted. If so, I exhort you to not step back but leap ahead into your gifting. Ask Holy Spirit to give you revelation on exactly where He desires you to go, create, build, and profit.
Next post: The Supernatural Leadership Role of Business Prophet.[NOTE: This post is an except from Dr. Jim’s forthcoming book, Anointed to Lead: How to Discover and Unleash Your Supernatural Leadership Gifts to be released Summer 2017.]