You may think you are in a marketplace war against those big, profitable rivals with huge advertising budgets, new trucks adorned with beautiful logos, and multi-site operations that dwarf your company.
But they are not the real battle. They are not your real foe.
Your real marketplace war is literally out of this world — in the heavenly realm.
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12
I know you’ve read and heard this verse hundreds of times but STAY WITH ME!
Just yesterday, having to walk through a personally agonizing series of events, I found myself moving from despair to fear to uncertainty to tears. The events touched me so profoundly that, for a time, I lost touch with the real war — not what I was seeing and feeling in the natural, but the source of the true battle.
After a very restless night of sleep (more tossing and turning than sleep), I made my morning cup of coffee, came into my prayer corner of my office, and dug deep into communion with Papa Father. He quickly refocused my attention away from the pain, discomfort and dismay of my flesh (which was very real) toward the real battleground – Satan’s attempt to kill, steal and destroy anything good! (John 10:10)
I immediately turned to the Word, read several powerful passages, and pulled two books from my bookshelf that speak directly into how I can overcome the enemy’s attempts to destroy me and all around me:
- “Silence Satan: Shutting Down the Enemy’s Attacks, Threats, Lies and Accusations,” and
- “Activating the Power of God’s Word: 16 Strategic Declarations to Transform Your Life.”
(This is a shameless plug for you to buy both books by my friend and “Live in Victory” shepherd, Kyle Winkler.)
The Real Marketplace War
God powerfully reminded me, supported by Kyle’s powerful insights and applications, that in both my personal and professional life that:
- God wins; therefore, I win!
- The devil loses; therefore, I win!
- My real enemy was defeated 2,000 years ago!
- Jesus has given me the keys to the kingdom victory. (Matthew 16:19-20)
- My battle is to step into the supernatural realm and declare God’s eternal word over me and all those around me.
- Nothing is impossible in my personal or marketplace situation with God leading my team. (Matthew 1:37)
- All things do work together in the end for those of us called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)
The Battle Rages On…
The battle will only get worse as we move closer to the end times. Yet our victories in the marketplace will only get bigger, better and more profound.
Let’s embrace these marketplace battlefield truths:
- The bigger the battle, the bigger His victory!
- The more the enemy throws at us, the more His power will crush those attempts!
- The worse the natural environment gets, the more His supernatural power will shine!
…But is Already Won
It is a war, a marketplace preeminence war fought in the heavenly realms.
Let’s get out of fighting our marketplace battles in the natural where the devil reigns.
Let’s win the battle where it really exists – in the heavens where God fully reigns, is fully in control, and has already defeated an enemy who is desperately clinging to his last few breaths before the pit.
Who’s with me?