Sometimes it is more important to ask someone the right question rather than provide the right answer.
Asking the right question is the most powerful way to advise, coach or mentor another. It’s one thing to be considered an “expert with all the answers.” It is quite another to be known for helping people get their thinking straight.
That (asking the right questions) is a huge part of my advising and coaching business.
Here are 14 great questions that I ask my clients that you also need to answer – 7 for your business & 7 for yourself.
My prayer is that at least one or two of these questions bear witness with your spirit to answer now.
For Your Business:
- What are our Core Convictions – those 3-5 values & virtues upon which are your foundation of service?
- What is our Purpose – your reason to exist?
- What is our Point of Dominance – the one very targeted section of the marketplace you want to own?
- What is our Brand – your 1-2 word customer promise?
- What are our 2-5 Strategic Priorities – your Big Rocks – for this year? Next Year? The next year?
- What are our key Numbers – measurable, quantitative goals you need to hit for this year? Next year? The year after?
- What is our Core Score – the 1 daily/weekly measure that we must consistently hit to make positive progress?
For Yourself at Work:
- How can I better unleash the supernatural power of God working through me more than relying upon my natural skills?
- What distractions must I eliminate to better focus my energy on deep work?
- Who can I approach to become my mentor, advisor or coach?
- What could I do to exponentially multiply my impact at work?
- Am I living-out what I truly believe?*
- What do I need to learn?*
- How can I partner with heaven on this (project, activity, opportunity, problem)?*
*The last 3 questions I learned earlier this week while attending an amazing workshop led by Andy Mason, Director of Heaven in Business, a Bethel Church ministry. I highly encourage you to sign up for Andy’s post and attend a Heaven in Business event this year!
Investing the time needed to answer these critical questions will set you above and beyond your completion as well as on the right path to Kingdom impact.
Which question or questions are ones that hit you – ones of which you will pray over & seek His answers?
I ask you to list them in the comments below so I know which ones most resonate with you, my spirit-led marketplace tribe!